Open Technology Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy covers the following:
- Our Core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- Relevant Legislation
- Personal Data which we hold about you
- Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
- How we store your personal information
- About this website’s server
- Our third party data processors
- How long we keep your personal information
- Data breaches
- Subject Access Rights
- Accuracy of Information and Corrections
- Deletion / Unsubscribe
- Restricting use of your personal data
- Data Controller
- Data Protection Officer
- Changes to our policy
1. Our core beliefs regarding user privacy and data protection
- User privacy and data protection are human rights
- We have a duty of care to the people whose data we hold within our database
- Data is a liability, it should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary
- We dislike spam as much as you do!
- We will never sell, rent or otherwise distribute or make public your personal information
2. Relevant legislation
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer (details of whom can be found in section 15.) for clarification.
3. Personal data which we hold about you
We request very little identifying information from you and only for a specific set of purposes.
The personal data we hold on you is:
- Full name
- Company name
- Email address
- Job role
- Company address, including postcode
- Company telephone and mobile number
- IP address
Your personal data is held:
- To allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond if necessary;
- To allow us to respond to your enquiries for further information;
- To distribute requested materials; and
To keep you up to date with the latest news, products, applications and legislation
3.1 Purposes of processing
We will process your personal data for the purposes of:
- Sending you marketing information or;
- Performing our obligations and exercising our rights under our Terms and Conditions.
We will only process your personal data where one of the following applies:
- You have provided your consent for us to do so.
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract [or to make preliminary arrangements for the creation of a contract]
- there is a legal obligation to do so; or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Open Technology or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
4. Personal information that this website collects and why we collect it
This website collects and uses personal information for the following reasons:
4.1. Site visitation tracking
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use this data to determine the number of people using our site, which companies and organisations are visiting to better understand how they find and use our web pages and to see their journey through the website.
Although GA record data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us access to this. We consider Google to be a third party data processor (see section 7. below).
Disabling cookies on your internet browser will stop GA from tracking any part of your visit to pages within this website.
4.2. Contact forms, Brochure downloads and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form, links on our Contact us page, an email link like this one, or a brochure download, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in section 7. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
4.3. Email newsletter
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be uploaded to Mail Chimp who provides us with email marketing services. We consider Mail Chimp to be a third party data processor (see section 7. below). The email address that you submit will not be stored within this website’s own database.
Your email address will remain within Campaign Monitors database for as long as we continue to use Campaign Monitors services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. When choosing to unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us your email address will be held on our email suppression list in order to prevent us from contacting you again via email. This is held under the Legal Obligation basis in order for us to comply with GDPR law.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
While your email address remains within the Mail Chimp database, you will receive periodic (approximately 1 to 2 per month) newsletter-style and product update emails from us.
5. How we store your personal information
We do not store any personal data on this website. Personal data collected via our website is delivered to us via a secure HTTPS connection. Personal data will be stored in password protected software as a service CRM and email marketing platform, password protected documents within electronic folders or locked filing cabinets. We do not hold any sensitive personal data.
6. About this website’s server
This website is hosted within a Tier 3+ datacentre which is UK based, with 24 hour manned security. Biometric controls on site access, floor and room access. Physical cages and locks to racks. Any access is preauthorized and limited to named staff and data centre authorized specialists. The site and buildings are not named or identified and all recognisable equipment externally is hidden and obscured. The Data Centre Site itself has perimeter security and stringent access controls.
All traffic (transferral of files) between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered over HTTPS.
7. Our third party data processors
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2. These parties are based in the USA and Europe.
8. How long we keep your information
We retain your information in accordance with our group information security, data retention and deletion policies. These set out the criteria we use to determine how long we keep your information, what measures we put in place to keep your information safe and secure, and with whom we may share your information. When deciding what to retain, we take into account what information we need to best provide you with products, goods and services, manage your relationship with us, meet our statutory obligations and meet our customers’ and previous customers reasonable expectations.
9. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of our database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
10. Subject Access Rights
You have a right (referred to as the data subject access request, “DSAR”) to access the personal data that we hold about you. If you would like to exercise that right, you must submit a request to email@example.com specifying the information that you want us to provide you.
We are obliged to respond to any such request within one month of receiving it (subject to limited exceptions). We will inform you via email following recei
11. Accuracy of Information and Corrections
You have a right (referred to as the right to rectification) to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If you become aware that any of the data that we hold about you is inaccurate, you can
- update your personal information on our SIP Integrator website if you hold an account
- submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do this as soon as practical. We are obliged to comply with requests within one month. This may be extended to 3 months where a rectification request is complex.
You have a right (referred to as the right to erasure) to request the deletion or removal of your personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued process. In these instances your data will be removed within one month apart from where we hold your email address on our mailing list, where your email address will then be held on email suppression list, which we must hold for legal reasons. You will be notified if any of your data must continue to be held for any legal reasons.
If you would like to exercise this right, you can:
- Unsubscribe at the end of any marketing email you receive, if you want to unsubscribe. An unsubscribe link is included in every Open Technology mail shot email as required by law.
- Submit a request to the email@example.com. We will then consider this request in accordance with obligations under data protection laws.
13. Restricting use of your personal data
You have a right (referred to the right to restrict processing) to block or suppress the processing of personal data in certain circumstances.
If you contest the accuracy of the personal data, processing may be restricted until the accuracy of the personal data has verified. This also applies where you contest that the processing is unlawful.
If you would like to exercise this right, you must submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. specifying the information that you wish us to impose a processing restriction on.
14. Data Controller
The data controller of this website is: Open Technology Ltd, a UK Private limited Company with company number: 5882677
Whose registered office is:
Open Technology Ltd,
1 Woodlands Court,
And whose operating office is:
Open Technology Ltd,
1 Woodlands Court,
15. Data Protection Officer
Mr. Harvey Roft
Director, Open Technology Ltd.
Telephone: 01444 230 660
16.1. Change log